Re: [pygame] MOD files question

"Will McGugan" <will@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
> The docs for pygame.mixer.music mention MOD files. What kind of MOD
> files can PyGame play? Does anyone still use them? I don't think I have
> even seen any since  MP3 took over!

A buddy of mine used MOD music in a game of his:

http://evertt.com/moreinfo_gdn.htm

and won first place in "Innovation in Audio" at the Independent Games
Festival of 2005.

His thinking, at the time, was that there's a lot of MOD music out there,
and much of it much better than he could write, himself. He contacted a
few composers to get permission to use their works, and (if I recall
correctly) got some original stuff made, to boot.

-Dave LeCompte