Re: [pygame] MOD files question

Will McGugan wrote:
The docs for pygame.mixer.music mention MOD files. What kind of MOD files can PyGame play? Does anyone still use them? I don't think I have even seen any since MP3 took over!

This SDL_mixer library includes a snapshot copy of the mikmod library. This is what it uses to playback mod, it, and all the other supported tracker formats.

For better or worse, the mikmod has continued development on its own. It probably is a lot better than the forked snapshot sitting inside SDL_mixer.

But I've never looked into it much, never had a problem with what was already provided. Btw, Solarwolf uses XM for its own music.

http://mikmod.raphnet.net/