Re: [pygame] Starting Window Position

Ian Mallett wrote:
I gathered that, right after I sent it. Here's a new version:

import pygame
from pygame.locals import *
import os, sys

pygame.init()
if sys.platform == 'win32':
    os.environ['SDL_VIDEO_WINDOW_POS'] = '300,230'
pygame.display.set_mode((200,200), 16)
pygame.time.wait(2000)
pygame.quit()

pygame.init()
if sys.platform == 'win32':
    os.environ['SDL_VIDEO_WINDOW_POS'] = '400,430'
pygame.display.set_mode ((200,200), 16)
pygame.time.wait(2000)
sys.exit()

...but it doesn't work.
why do you need to dynamically change the display position anyway?
SDL isn't designed for this.
I see no reason why you would need to change the display position.

If it were really necessary, why not just embed an SDL surface in a WxPython window?
You should be able to set the position of that.
But that's unnecessarily complicated unless you have a real good use for this.
-Luke