[pygame] BUG: mac OSX can only install into python.org python.

Hi,

the mac OSX installer should be able to install into the apple python
site-packages directory.

Currently it won't let you.  Since we won't be overwriting anything of
apples, and also Apple have proved that they don't touch their system
python very much at all, I think this is ok to do.  The original
rational for it was that apple could possible remove older pythons.
However over a number of releases they have shown that they keep the
old version of python around (eg 2.5), and install a new version (2.6
and 3.0 I believe).

This will also fix one of the longest running issues people have on
OSX installing pygame... since most people assume they already have
python, so why should they install another copy from python.org.

So... how do we make allow the user to select which python they
install into?   I know numpy does it somehow... but not sure how
exactly.

Our use of bdist_mpkg is what we need to change to allow it... I think.
    looks like bdist_mpkg has had some new releases recently too...
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/bdist_mpkg/

Looks like it has fixed the bug where it was calling the python.org
python "System" python... which people assumed was the Apple python.

Anyone have any ideas how this can be done?

Is it ok to do, do you think?  What do you reckon Brian?

Would be nice if we could detect other mac pythons that we are
compatible with too.

cheers,