RE: [pygame] Alpha channels and per pixel alpha

What are you trying to do with the alpha channel? Just a transparent background? Are you drawing something on the alpha channel in photoshop? Just adding one doesn't really do anything, the alpha channel has to have , pixel data too, just like the rgb channels.

If I want to make a jpg transparent in parts I usually just unlock the background layer and then erasing it or magic wanding it or quick masking or however you want to make something transparenty-like will work. Make sure you see the "checker-box" pattern to know its transparent, if its still white or a color its not transparent. Then just save it as a normal png, I don't know what a superpng is.