[pygame] I need the Noob wiki

Hello,

I see the discussion here is pretty high level, but I'm hoping someone can direct me to some very low level help.

I'm brand new to both Python and Pygame.

I'm working on a Mac 10.6.8, and I found some instructions for building the install here.  http://programming.itcarlow.ie/PyGameInstall.pdf

After following those as best I could I found that I needed to update Tcl to 8.5.11, and I did that.

It seems that I have a working Python 3.2.3 IDLE.  Interactive mode works fine on screen.  However, I am having trouble running example pygame programs.   I'm not really sure how to see if Pygame is working.

So, I probably need some install troubleshooting tips, and also some basic instructions on how one downloads a Pygame game and runs it.

Thank you!

Jeff Welch