[pygame] Liberated Pixel Cup wants your entries!

Hi all,

The FSF, Creative Commmons, Mozilla, and OpenGameArt are all
collaborating on running a free culture meets free software game
contest called Liberated Pixel Cup, as you might have heard.

  http://lpc.opengameart.org/

It's a two part competition where we have a styleguide and set of
"base" assets, and the first part of the competition is making artwork
that maches that style guide, and the second part of the contest
involves making games using artwork from the base set and from the art
competition.  Artwork is released under CC BY-SA 3.0 and GPLv3, and
code is released under GPLv3 or later (you have the option to also
dual license with Apache/MIT/BSD whatever else you prefer).

The reason I'm writing to this list is: we'd love your participation!
PyGame is a great engine for getting things started, and when I pinged
in the #pygame channel on IRC, I was encouraged to send a mail to this
list.

Sound exciting?  I suggest you check out the style guide / assets /
"interactive demo game":

  http://lpc.opengameart.org/static/lpc-style-guide/index.html

And the rules:

  http://lpc.opengameart.org/content/lpc-rules

If you're curious, we also have a progress pic thread going on
here... some cool stuff being done already!

  http://opengameart.org/forumtopic/progress-pic-thread-show-us-what-youre-working-on

And if you use IRC, please feel free to join us in #liberatedpixelcup
on irc.freenode.net!

Hope to see you get involved!
 - Christopher Allan Webber