Re: [pygame] pygame.org wiki spam

Hi,

Adding this to the list of antispam tasks for later...

Enable recatcha for users that are less than 1 month old.  Most of the spammers are currently people, so this will just slow them down a bit... but it will stop most of the really annoying bots.  That way it shouldn't inconvenience people too much, since most legit wiki editors have accounts older than a month.

Fairly easy way to implement it:
    https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/display

cheers,

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Winter <winter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On May 28, 2012, at 4:41 AM, René Dudfield wrote:

> Hi,
>
> a number of ip address ranges have been blocked over the last week.  I have some scripts now to more easily block spamming users.  I think it's slowly getting rid of them.
>
> Thanks for the report, and the help with de-spamming the wiki.
>
> cheers,

Most excellent.  Thank you.

W.