Re: [pygame] Easy networking module - feedback needed

Sure, can be done easily.

2012/6/20 René Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx>

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 9:01 PM, DR0ID <dr0id@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 20.06.2012 20:02, Szymon Wróblewski wrote:

# version 1:
while True:
for e in pygame.event.get()
if e.type == NETWORK and isinstance(e.packet, echo):
user, msg = e.packet
print '%s: %s' % (user, msg)
host.send(echo('me', raw_input())

Hi

if you go with this pattern then I would suggest to avoid 'isinstance(...)'. I would suggest to do it like the key events in pygame:

if e.type == pygame.KEYDOWN:
    if e.key == pygame.K_ESCAPE:
        # react

So my suggestion would be something similar for networking packets:

if e.type == pygame.NETWORK:
    if e.packet_type == echo:
        # do whatever needs to be done here

Maybe there is a better name for 'packet_type'

~DR0ID

What about just net?

if e.type == pygame.NETWORK and e.net == echo:
    pass