Re: [SPAM: 10.100] Re: [pygame] Circle cut off at 60+fps, fixed by display.flip

I just tried this on a Mac, and it works fine,
no flickering or tearing.

The only thing I can think of is that, on your system,
display.update() is not waiting for vertical sync,
whereas display.flip() is.

The pygame docs aren't very clear about whether it's
supposed to or not. They say that flip() does, and then
just say that update() is an "optimised version" of
flip().

This suggest to me that it should, and it does seem
to on my system, but maybe some implementations are
different.

Maybe you could try passing a single rect to update()
that's the union of the old an new rects. While that
won't eliminate all possibility of tearing, it may
make it less likely.

--
Greg