Re: [pygame] GUI for pygame : ThorPy

On Wed, 2015-06-24 at 22:16 +0000, Yann Thorimbert wrote:
> However, 'GUI's there did not entirely fit my needs.

Out of curiosity, what did you find missing from the existing projects?
When I first looked into GUI toolkits, my problem was that the projects
were either too complicated/difficult to work out (often due to lack of
documentation), and/or it was designed like a traditional GUI toolkit
and expected to run it's own event loop, which makes it difficult to
integrate into my games with their own game loops.

This is why I created my own toolkit a few years back, which was partly
done through Google Summer of Code. It was listed on the page you
linked, so I'm just wondering if there was anything in particular you
had a problem with? It's the SGC project, and the tutorials are at:
http://sambull.org/program/sgc/tutorial.get_started.html

In particular, I'm interested in what your project does differently?