Re: [pygame] Re: Need a lot of help with 'virtual' board game

As Winkleink said, the Invent With Pygame stuff is awesome; tons of good hands-on examples. The author is very cool and will probably help you out or recommend a blog post if you have specific questions on how something works. Âhttp://inventwithpython.com/

For troop movement, if you're making a grid-based game, I recommend this tile map tutorial: Âhttp://sheep.art.pl/Tiled%20Map%20in%20PyGame

That will help you understand how to break up an area into 'cells'.

For combat, again, you just need to break things down: