[pygame] Sprite doesn't update changing text

Hello everyone,

I am trying to achieve the following: print a changing text part of a sprite
and update it every frame.
The sprite is a simple transparent rectangular area surounded by red edges.
At the center of that area a number is printed and that number change over
time.
I would like to use the dirty rectangle method.

I haven't managed yet to make it work in my game but I have reproduce the
scenario in a simple code attached to that post feel free to run it
Sprite_with_text_update.pyw
<http://pygame-users.25799.x6.nabble.com/file/n3070/Sprite_with_text_update.pyw>
.

If you could tell me what is wrong in my code that would be great.
Thanks.