[pygame] How much blit costs?

Hello.

I'm trying to create a game engine with the maximum possible game objects per scene.
These days, i'm trying to understand how much the blit method costs, so for this purpose i created a mini
game engine and impremented it to create a game which all it does is blitting 15000 images
on the screen (Actually six, because as you will see below, the other 14996 are off the screen).

So this is how my engine works:
Download the source code: Github Repository
Engine Structure
Game Result

As you can see, the game runs in 50-60 fps.
My processor is: AMD FX™ - 6350 Six Core 3.90 GHz. Can i do better?

Sent from the pygame-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.