Re: [pygame] PythonWin crash/IDLE focus bug/array2d and array3d working fine

> Good news is that the pygame_temp_mar23.zip
> files, array2d and array 3d no longer crashes
> and I was able to complete the entire
> arraydemo slideshow.

good. this is the most important one to me, because it is
definitely my code. i've really tested this code a lot recently,
and it appears quite solid.

> However, the the window focus bug where
> doing a pygame.quit() freezes an IDLE
> window such that only by *right-clicking*
> on the taskbar revives it is still
> present. (Not sure if pygame or IDLE
> is at fault here).

this problem with PYTHONWIN and IDLE are because they are
only doing a minimal job of running/debugging a separate
running program. pythonwin is the poorer of the two, since
you cannot even run/debug normal GUI (with tkinter or others)
apps inside its interface, and IDLE only got a little better
with the latest 0.6 release.
it is up to these editor programs to keep the programs they
run in a separate process. (or at least a separate thread and/or
python interpreter)

late last week a new beta of the full python editor/debugger
"Komodo" was released. i tried using it and found i was able
to fully run and step through code for pygame. komodo is
doing a proper job of running the separate program in its own
process. unfortunately, komodo is still extremely slow, so not
much fun to use.

myself, i just keep a dos window (with doskey if i'm not on NT)
open in the same directory that i'm editing files. running the
programs from the dos prompt.