[pygame] pygame.movie installation

Hi,

This is my first mail to this list, so "Hello" everyone.

I've been trying to get the pygame.movie module working. I've installed
smpeg 0.4.1. The header files are in /usr/local/include/smpeg.

When I run the config.py script in pygame 1.4, it cannot detect smpeg.
So, as given in the install.txt file, I uncomment the "movie" line in
the Setup file.

Then, I try compiling, but gcc dies as it cannot find the smpeg headers.
No worry, I just change the SMPEG variable in the Setup file to :

SMPEG = -lsmpeg -I/usr/local/include/smpeg

Now, everything builds ok, and pygame is installed in my
/usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/pygame directory. But,
pygame.movie is still None :

$ python -c "import pygame; print pygame.movie"
None

Why is it not installed properly ? The rest of pygame is working
alright, but only this is having trouble.

pv.
--
Prahlad Vaidyanathan  <http://www.symonds.net/~prahladv/>

Allen's Axiom:
	When all else fails, read the instructions.

PGP signature