Re: [pygame] Why do we do this?

> It however is a bit unfortunate that games are so complex creatures. Too
> many taht start out with programming try to do a new MMORPG or the Best
> FPS Game Ever(tm), and in 100% of the cases the project will fail, leaving
> the guys and girls disillusioned and bitter.
>
> Doing a normal non-game console app is often a much better way to start
> out with programming.

That's a good point. It's easy to forget how much you know, and there's an
awful lot of knowledge about programming and games in general, and Python and
Pygame in particular, that you need to know even to make a relatively simple
game.

As for why I decided to make a game wiht Pygame, I wanted to learn Python, and
reading through the O'Reilly books was about as dull as it gets - I wanted to
do something that I couldn't already do better in Perl, and Pygame seemed
like a good thing to learn. I'm not that bothered wiht actually making any
big games, I just like mucking about once in a while :)

Tom