Re: [pygame] Segfault in pygame.image.tostring()?

Jasper Phillips wrote:
I'm trying to save screen shots as .png's using PIL, but I'm getting
a segfault in a pygame when I try to convert the screen image into
a string:
bytesize: 4
flags:    1073741826

ah, i see you are running with an opengl display. many SDL functions simply do not work with opengl surfaces. the big problem is there is no way to directly access the pixels. the pygame.image.save() function has some code to workaround this problem, so you can save the images as .BMP or .TGA if you need.

i've added the 'opengl' code in image.save() to image.tostring() now also, so it should be able to work in the next release (or if you grab the cvs versions)