Re: [pygame] Collaborative game in 8 weeks.

Seems like a great day to join the pygame-users lists!!!
<Quick Intro>
    A third year CS&E major who's been eyeing pygame as a means of resurrecting old code and implement new gameplay ideas.
<Collaborative Game Theme>
    In particular, I would like a theme focussed on the great classics from the nes and snes era.  Therefore the suggestions for a zelda style game, or mario platformer definitely catch my eye.  Perhaps, we should address the following quote:
    "There was once a time when a game's simplicity and straightforward
    design could be respected if it yielded an experience that was just
    plain fun." -Fran Mirabella III (Imagine Games Network)
<Game Proposal>
    Given the 8 week limit, my game suggestion referenced by the above quote is a simple (and often improperly executed) clone of the highly addictive multiplayer game BomberMan!!!
<BomberMan Rant>
    Seriously, if the excellent gameplay remains intact while being given support for online multiplay, after 8 weeks of hard work, I can see us all lounging on IRC challenging each other for "one more round" of BomberMan or whatever name it is given.
<Misc Rant>
    Again... I am new to pygame.  I once coded a similar C++ 2d game, called "Blaze" back in High School, but have since been distracted with other things(somewhat of a social life, work, and school with its the mindnumbingly boring and long TextBook Projects).  Regardless, of the chosen game, count me in!!!  Willing to CODE, beta test, publicize.  Look forward to learning from everyone here at the pygame-users list.

-Aurelio