Re: [pygame] Dependency Problems on RH Linux 8.0

Hi,

if you got all those files, then just rpm -Uvh --nodeps pygame....rpm
it works on my system (rh8.0) :)

sammy

Joshua Miller wrote:
Hi, I've been having a problem installing Pygame on my Redhat Linux 8.0 machine. I have Python 2.2.1 installed, and I have also installed all of the Pygame dependencies (SDL, SDL_image, SDL_ttf, SDL_mixer, SMPEG, and Numeric). However, when I go to actually install Pygame I receive several dependency errors:

libSDL_ttf-1.2.so.0 is needed by pygame-1.5.5-1
libaa.so.1 is needed by pygame-1.5.5-1
libasound.so.1 is needed by pygame-1.5.5-1
libpng.so.3 is needed by pygame-1.5.5-1
libslang.so.1 is needed by pygame-1.5.5-1
libvorbisfile.so0 is needed by pygame-1.5.5-1

I have received these error messages with both the regular and development dependency packages. What is causing this problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks,
Joshua Miller