Re: [pygame] Collaborative game in 8 weeks.

Gerrit,
    Thanks for the reply.  I definitely understand the concerns and have no problems working on the other proposals as they are very interesting as well.

> We could also try a new genre which doesn't exist. This requires a lot of
> creativity though; consider something like Liquidwar or
> SpitWadWilly/Pea Shootin' Pete:

    Actually, I meant for the bomberman type game to be the very beginning of a game that incorporates unexpected transitions in story and gameplay.  So... not much story in a game blowing things up?  The "first" transition would come when a player reaches a certain experience level (games played, points, etc.) at which point the current game being played is paused and the character disintegrates(as though transported).  The player's screen turns black...except for a prompt.
C:\ _
C:\ Connecting...
>Hello there Gerrit.
>
>So you like, blowing things up?
>
>Although amusing, the real purpose of
...this game has been to find potential
...candidates for an agency specialized
...in the demolition of enemy territory.
>Would you like to find out more?
>Yes/No
>DECIDE in 10 seconds.
> Yes
C:\Redirecting...

    From this point on the game changes completely.  Meanwhile those he was playing against would wonder what the hell just happened, and are only left knowing that Gerrit has reached Level 451.

I realize many people have ideas, with no finished product to show for, with my concepts definitely not set for a 8 week schedule, so for the time being I'll see you in the pygame-projects mailing list.

Thanks for actually reading all that,
-Aurelio