Re: [pygame] Re: PCR

> in the meantime, does anyone have any thoughts on improving the current
> system? we should probably just change the name to "cookbook", since
> that seems to be the correct terminology on the internet these days :]

I'm afraid I haven't got the time for working on the site, but I'll submit the
usual "you will do x" remarks all the same ;)

I'd suggest trying to make the resource useful in two ways: both as a good
learning resource, where code really stands on its own, and also as a place
to poach well written code to fulfill certain objectives. I know that is, of
course, the aim of the current resource, but it could be done slightly
better.

At the moment, the resource is a list of classes people have written to
fulfill certain tasks, which is cool, but they all seem to be fairly limited.
Why not have longer code samples, which, say, implement a very simply board
game, and provide useful inheritable classes so people can make their own
board games from it, without having to reinvent the whell and write
substandard background code? It might also be nice to have some very short
functions in there too.

This would be best achieved by not just letting people submit a chunk of code,
but by then getting people to comment on it, and change it, and
collaboratively work on making a really good resource. Ideally, I'd be able
to come up with a common game (let's say snakes and ladders), and I'd be able
to make my game by simply making the graphics, and extending pre-written
classes with rulesets and any other functions I want to make my game look and
feel extra spiffy.

Maybe I'm just lazy :)

Tom