[pygame] Re: PCR

> Tom, it seems to me that the "Gamelets" section is more like what you're
> looking for. Or am i misinterpreting you?

Wellll, sort of. In fact, it's a bit further the other way, if you get me. The
PCR is a random bunch of useful and interesting classes and functions, which
is great. But you coudn't exactly build a game out of them - rather they are
useful if you want to, say, make a text-based progress bar, and you want some
pre-written code to do it.

It'd be good to shove those into one big resource with the PCR code samples.
Is that clearer?

What I would like to see is some higher level code that is "standard"
either rolled in to the base Pygame distribution, or else as a
second download.

I get the feeling that there is a lot of wheel invention going on
out there.

My own wheel (whether it rolls or not) is here:
http://www.nongnu.org/pygsear/
http://savannah.nongnu.org/files/?group=pygsear

Probably, everyone who makes a game starts out by creating some
base classes. It may be that each game is so different that there
can be no further factoring that just plain Pygame, but I do
not think that is the case.