Re: [pygame] Oh, no, it's on again

Richard Jones wrote:
The 3rd Ludum Dare 48-hour game programming competition is coming up on April 4th-6th. More info to be found here:

http://ludumdare.com/articles/?link=v&arid=57

I recommend it to everyone, it's a blast.
these contests truly do separate the men from the wee boys. and i'd say just by entering you are in the 'men' category. heh heh. i've done the last two of these competitions and they really are fun. but be prepared to block out the entire weekend. each game must be created entirely by a single author, including graphics and sound. just trying to get an entry together will teach you more about game programming than a lot of books and tutorials.

several of our regular pygame folks have been involved with these competitions. it is open to any programming language and just about any game development library. usually about 20% of the entries are done in python with pygame, which is excellent!

last time through i somehow won the contest. all contestants vote on the entries. i'm afraid this time around i won't be able to join (big weekend for me). but i'll definitely try to be around once in awhile to help our scrambling pygame troopers.

you can check out previous contests. i have special 'pygame' pages for the entries too, but i've lagged big on the 2nd contest, here's all the links.

http://pygame.org/ludumcontest1.shtml
http://pygame.org/ludumcontest2.shtml

hmm, there was a nice page with all the voting results somewhere on ludumdare.com, but i locate it.

--
"if they keep silent, the very stones will cry out"
pete*shinners.org