Re: [pygame] Python extension coded.

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003, R. Alan Monroe wrote:

> > After unpacking, run in the 3d-demo directory './setup.py build' and then
> > copy the file in build/lib*/*.so to the 3d-demo directory and then run
> > 3d-demo.py.
>
> Have you tested this on win32? It gives me this error:

Sorry, I don't have a Windows machine available.

> cl.exe /c /nologo /Ox /MD /W3 /GX -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/SDL -Ic:\python22\
> include /Tcmy.c /Fobuild\temp.win32-2.2\Release\my.obj
> error: command 'cl.exe' failed: No such file or directory

Well, there you have the explanation. cl.exe is probably your command-line
compiler. Maybe you don't have it installed or it is not on your path.
You'll have to modify setup.py accordingly, or install a compiler.

setup.py build is supposed to be run by packagers, anyways.

Greetings,
Arturo