Re: [pygame] set_colorkey() (probably) not working on Mac

On Mar 18, 2005, at 10:39, Jindra Sarson wrote:

if you look at http://tmp.ucimehrou.cz/picture-bad.jpg and http://tmp.ucimehrou.cz/picture-good.png, you'll see difference between
same application running on Apple and Linux. It seems, that pygame on Apple ignores set_colorkey() (or I do something wrong, but it works on Lin and Win platform).

But strange is, that it *works* correctly on my PearPc Apple emulator, but is doesn't work to *some* people with real hardware. Where can be the problem?

That means it's a bug in the G4 optimized blitter in the version of SDL that is included with the binary distribution of pygame.

1) Make sure you have the latest pygame from http://pythonmac.org/packages/. It has been updated once since the initial release of 1.7.0, specifically to fix a blitter bug with color keys <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythonmac-sig/2005-March/ 013436.html>, but there are several different key blits and this may be a different bug.
2) If it's still broken, **post example code that reproduces this issue**. I simply do not have the time to fix bugs that I can not quickly and easily reproduce.

-bob