[pygame] Re: [BUG] on pygame-1.7.1release.win32-py2.4.exe

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 09:36 -0500, owner-pygame-users@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> When I install the 1.7.1 release, this don't install movie module.
> I have no movie.pyd in pygame directory like I had in 1.6 version.
> When I play a movie, I got :
> self._movie = pygame.movie.Movie(os.path.join(parameters.getmoviepath(),
> self._file))
>   File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\pygame\__init__.py", line 52, in
> __getattr__
>     raise NotImplementedError, MissingPygameModule
> NotImplementedError: movie module not available

This is not really a bug but a compiler problem on windows. The python
2.4 binaries require newer versions of MSVC that are unable to compile
SMPEG, the movie decoding library.

Unfortunately, SMPEG is not very maintained, and may never work with the
new visual studio .net compilers from Microsoft.