[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: [pygame] PyWeek #4 in April!
Richard Jones wrote:
PyWeek #4 will run in the first week of April:
Start: 00:00UTC Sunday 1st April
Finish: 00:00UTC Sunday 8th April
REGISTRATION IS OPEN
Visit the PyWeek website for more information:
THE PYWEEK CHALLENGE:
- Invites all Python programmers to write a game in one week from scratch
either as an individual or in a team,
- Is intended to be challenging and fun,
- Will hopefully increase the public body of python game tools, code and
- Will let a lot of people actually finish a game, and
- May inspire new projects (with ready made teams!)
Entries must be developed during the challenge, and must incorporate some
theme decided at the start of the challenge. The rules for the challenge are
The limitation of not using pre-existing libraries and artwork is a
deterrent. You might be able to talk more game creators with advanced
skills into competing, if those limitations didn't exist.
I think you should allow pre-existing libraries, but only if they supply
the source code with the game. To me, this contest is more of a 'watch
how I code' exhibition more than anything, and I think it would be fun
to loosen the rules to let more advanced game creators participate.