Re: [pygame] PyWeek #4 in April!

On Friday 09 March 2007 08:24, Kamilche wrote:
> The limitation of not using pre-existing libraries and artwork is a
> deterrent. You might be able to talk more game creators with advanced
> skills into competing, if those limitations didn't exist.

I think you may need to re-read the rules page. You *can* use any existing
libraries and artwork as long as:

1. you have license to do so, and
2. all the other entrants have access to those as well.

I'm much more interested in a level playing-field. If you've already got a
kick-ass game/library and want to show off, why would you think a game
challenge is a good place to release it? Why can't it stand on its own merit?
Allowing that sort of submission would only discourage those who started from
scratch.

    Richard