Re: [pygame] Python bots in Galcon (or your game!) safe_eval

Phil Hassey wrote:
Hey,

I've updated the script with some more tests and other goodies.

http://www.imitationpickles.org/tmp/safe.py

Regarding the stuff you mentioned - yah, it'll be interesting to see where PyPy goes. As for embeding another language in Galcon - I did consider embedding lua - it's pretty secure. But after mulling it over, I figured I'd much rather have python bots, and warn users about the danger of downloading and running strange bots.

Phil,
I'm not sure how big your game's community is, but I had a suggestion
You could have some volunteer python programmers look over the bots sumbitted and give them a rating.
So the users could see online before they download a bot what the 'apparent' security risk is.
Or you could even let the users rate the bots themselves.