Re: [pygame] event.wait and userevents

thanks for the input.
i just found out that it works properly either way. the application is for the olpc and the problem occurs only when run as an olpc activity inside an emulator.

Gary Bishop schrieb:
I think the problem is the way you are using it. This works fine for me.

pygame.time.set_timer(pygame.USEREVENT, 1000)

while True:
    event = pygame.event.wait()
    if event.type == pygame.QUIT:
        break
    elif event.type == pygame.USEREVENT:
        print 'timer'

Christian Reichlin wrote:
hello,

i made a litte app with pygame. i had troubles with the event loop using pygame.event.wait and userevents, triggered by pygame.time.set_timer(pygame.USEREVENT, 1000)

the following code didn't work. it looks like during pygame.event.wait() userevents aren't processed internally. as long as no other event got triggered, the loop blocked.
   for event in [ pygame.event.wait() ] + pygame.event.get( ):
       # event handling code