[pygame] get_wm_info on linux

I am embedding ogre in a pygame window, which is working fine on
windows, but on linux ogre needs not only the window handle, but also
a display pointer and screen id.  Fortunately,
pygame.display.get_wm_info() returns a display field, and the screen
id I assume is just zero.  Unfortunately, the display field in the
dictionary is of type PyObject, and has absolutely no accessible
properties.  Is there any way to get access to this information or am
I just stuck?