Re: [pygame] get_wm_info on linux

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 9:47 PM, René Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is window as an int in there?
>
>  Have a look at src/display.c  There you'll see the X11 properties put in there.
>
>  Is this what you're after?
>    info = pygame.display.get_wm_info()
>    windowid = info.get("window")
>    print "The window ID is", hex(windowid)
>

>  display is a pointer on X11.

Right, display is what I am after.  I can get the windowid, but not
the display.  I guess what I am trying to do is impossible?  It's
weird because ogre is expecting a string like this: "display
*:screenid,windowid", and I'm not sure how you would put a display *
as a string.  Is it the memory location?

I guess I can ask the ogre guys, although maybe I'll play around with
display.c for a bit - thanks for pointing that out!