Re: [pygame] Minimalistic Pygame 3D Engine

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Jason Ward <nyad55@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 4:01 PM, Ian Mallett <geometrian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm posting this here, in another thread because someone said it might
come up in searches better.  Enjoy!
Ian
Why aren't you using matrices? they make the 3D pipeline much simpler.
Matrices are an extra level of complexity to implement.  Though they may make the code simpler, fewer people will understand them.  The only place one would use them would be in the rotations, but for this purpose, simple point rotation will suffice.
Are you interested in making a 3D software renderer using pygame?
Not really.  This was my response to a thread about a perspective engine.  I use PyOpenGL for anything and everything 3D, but before I learned how to use it, I used a program like this.  Because that was so long ago, and the code was so messy, I just redid it, mostly for fun.
Ian