Re: [pygame] vista testing...

Hi!

    I think there was also an issue of pre-init for any init would wipe out
any settings. So the pre-init was setup to prevent the loss of any settings
besides the size of the buffer to hold the data. The issue comes up all the
time and is in the specs on the mixer and sound. Where it recommends
increasing the buffer size and warns about the init of pygame and any mixer
settings.

        Bruce

Did you get scratchy sound playback with the same application on the
same computer but pygame 1.7?

does it make a difference if you set the SDL_AUDIODRIVER environment
string to waveout ?