Re: [pygame] hoe to create the RoundRect ?

On 28/03/2008, Ian Mallett <geometrian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Interesting.  I like the better boundaries--mine weren't perfect.  I'm
> getting little pixel artifacts inside the rect near the rounded sections,
> though...

There's a bug in pygame.draw.ellipse() (and also arc()) where it gets
moire holes when width is larger than about 5. I'm not sure if it has
been fixed in the very latest version or not. I'm also not sure if the
bug is actually in pygame, or in some other library pygame just uses.

Also there is some descrepancy between rect and ellipse - while they
both take exactly the same arguments, a rect with width > 1 is larger
than it's input rect, while an ellipse is always bounded by it's input
rect, with the width being used to shrink the inner radius. It seems
strange, you would think they would behave the same.

--
Alistair Buxton
a.j.buxton@xxxxxxxxx