Re: [pygame] Google Summer of Code

On, Tue Mar 24, 2009, Kao Cardoso Felix wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have interest in applying to some of the pygame projects for GSoC.
> Those projects are:
>
> * Improved Sprite and scene system
> * pgreloaded example suite
> * Math for pygame (vectors, matrix, etc.)
>
> Is there time to get involved on ay of those projects? If so, how
> should I proceed?

Yes. The official deadline for final submissions within the GSoC system
is 3rd of April. You want to get into touch with us as soon as possible,
though, so we can comment on your specific ideas for those tasks, help
and discuss your application and anything else.

Regarding the math for pygame task, browse the mailing list archive [0],
it was and is discussed in earlier threads. The same applies to the
sprite and scene system as written in the other mail.
I'll comment on the example suite in a different thread.

[0] http://www.mail-archive.com/pygame-users@xxxxxxxx/

Regards
Marcus