Re: [pygame] GSoC project proposal: Pygame on rails

I have actually attempted to perform this same thing. My project went
on a standstill as other things were pressing, however I am interested
in reopening my project back up.

I am calling it PyBTS (pygame behind the scenes). It includes a world
manager, terrain, physics based on the "genre". You can take the same
codebase, and change the type of Terrain class, and you get a tilemap
or sidescroller respectively.

I would definitely love to revive the project, my goals for it are
fairly similar, to provide all of the game engine boiler plate code
that goes into making a game.

http://hg.thadeusb.com/Games/PyBTS/
http://hg.thadeusb.com/Games/MyRTS/ # Uses pybts

-Thadeus