Re: [pygame] Python 2.5.4 or 2.6

soz yes the editor, a couple of times I was working on something in 2.5.4 , i ran it & it stopped responding. when I quit out of the program i didn't save and it closed all the open files, the 3.1 editor doen't close your files, abit more user friendly for a beginner.

From: "Thomas Ibbotson" <thomas.ibbotson@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 7:07 PM
To: <pygame-users@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [pygame] Python 2.5.4 or 2.6

On 25 March 2010 18:48,  <snet-1@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I do like 3.1 for learning, if something goes wrong in 2.5.4 it cuts out and
all your work is lost, 3.1, if something doesn't add up you can close the
program but it doesn't close your .py files so you can save then go back and check what's wrong. As far as i'm aware 3.1 doesn't have a compiler so it's
just a matter of editing (find & replace)your code to 2.5.4.

Are you referring to a particular editor here? Python is just a
programming language, you can edit .py in any editor you like, many of
which will look after auto-saving your work in case of crashes. I
doubt the python interpreter itself would destroy your files...