Re: [pygame] participating on google summer of code as a student

On, Sun Mar 28, 2010, Jorge Torres wrote:

> Hi all,
> My name is Jorge Torres and you can contact me send emails to this email (
> jorgefftorres@xxxxxxxxx).
> My time zone is *UTC*/GMT +1 (Lisbon) and i spoke Portuguese or English.
> I think i can dispense 4 or 5 day per week for the project.
> About programming, i have degree in computer science and i am comfortable
> with lamguages like python, c/c++, java, haskell, prolog with which i made
> some programs, including a small game in pygame.
>
> Its my first time in Google summer of code and i want to earn something in
> the real programming world, open source and game programming. I Stare this
> project as a way to win experience and learn something new.
>
> I hope you help me to enter in this world of open source.
> Thanks all, best regards.

The first task would be to think of something you want to see realized
and love to work on for pygame. We have set up an ideas list for pygame
at http://pygame.org/wiki/gsoc2010ideas, though you are completely free
in what you want to work on, so feel free to bring up something else, if
you think, the project can benefit of it.

Depending on your skill set regarding Python and C, focus on something
you feel comfortable with and a realistic set of tasks to work
on.

Regards
Marcus