Re: [pygame] student looking GSoC mentor

On, Sun Mar 28, 2010, Scott Buffa wrote:

> Hi, my name is Scott Buffa, and I am a Junior (soon to be senior) computer
> science major at Michigan State University.  I was tipped off about your
> GSoC offerings from my professor Titus Brown, who is active in the python
> community.  I would be interested in working on pygame this summer.  The
> idea that interests me the most would be in helping port more modules over
> to Python 3.  I need more information on what can be done, though.  Any

Large parts of pygame are already ported to Python 3, so I doubt that it
would be a sufficient task for the GSoC.

> assistance would be appreciated.  I also saw on the website the video effect
> plugins idea.  I had worked with audio and video effects in my media
> processing course and that also would interest me.

I am not sure about the movie/video playback status and what the efforts
would be to add an effect plugin mechanism, but maybe Rene and Tyler can
comment on that?

Regards
Marcus