[pygame] GSOC :: OSC Networking Project

Hello everyone,

My name is Gabriel Silk, and I'm a fifth-year undergraduate computer science student at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, B.C. I'm interested in networking, audio, game dev, and I'm a huge fan of open source software -- that's why Pygame's OSC project is a natural fit for me.

I have experience with c (I've written a proxy server, an ftp client, and simple TCP-like protocol on top of UDP for coursework). Recently I wrote an on-line multiplayer game called Squabble as a personal side-project, with a server written in Java, and a client written in Flash/AS. Last term I wrote a world-modeller in c++ using Ogre. This term, I'm working on a multi-touch, collaborative, UML diagram creation tool for the SMART Table as a course project. I'm also working on a web-based CMS for the BC Cancer Agency. All of these projects will be finished by the end of April.

I've also worked for Electronic Arts (primarily graphics-related with some toolset work), and Merck Frosst (writing tools for Confluence, their on-line wiki system).

It's nice to meet you all, and I hope to have a concrete proposal ironed out in the next week. If there are any suggestions as to what I should research and/or include in my proposal, or just things I should be doing or thinking about w.r.t. the project, I'd like to hear about it. Thanks,

Gabriel Silk
http://gabrielsilk.wordpress.com