Re: [pygame] PATCH: pyportmidi object de-allocation error (and fix)

Hey,

your testing sounds pretty good :)

There was just one print statement that wouldn't compile with my cython, after I fixed that it built fine.

It's "Committed revision 3019." in pygame svn.  I'll also check it into the portmidi subversion too later.

thanks!

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 12:17 AM, Christopher Arndt <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 04.03.2011 00:38, René Dudfield wrote:
> I'll do a review tomorrow tomorrow morning (in 8 hours or so), then check it
> in.

Thanks.

> Have you tried it with the pygame.examples.midi input and output?

Yes, I just did. All seemed to work normally but since I have never used
these examples before, I can't be 100% sure if they behave normally. The
devices are listed properly with --list, with --output I can see the
note on/off events when I connect "aseqdump" to the MIDI through port
and use it as the output device and with --input I see the events
printed out when I read from the MIDi through port and pump a standard
MIDi file into it with aplaymidi.

I'm also using the patched version extensively with the code I'm
currently writing to communicate with a Waldorf Microwave 2 synthesizer
via sysex and CCs.

I also have written a little command-line standard MIDI file player (not
yet published) and I just tested it with pygame with my patch applied.
The two files I played with - both MIDI sequences with > 50k events -
worked flawlessly with timidity listening as an ALSA sequencer client.

Chris