Re: [pygame] New music gen, or OSC or MIDI projects?

This might not help much, but it might help some; there is this project called Frets On Fire, an open source (python) Guitar Hero clone, can accept input from a bunch of different "guitar" controllers, and you might be able to work those into your abstract input.
They list the types of controllers supported here:
http://fretsonfire.wikidot.com/using-guitar-hero-controller
And the project page is here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/fretsonfire/

AbstractInput sounds *very* useful, I'd use it myself.  Probably to play QWERTY keyboard standing up like a guitar.