Re: [pygame] Re: Mac OS X MIDI support success (MacPorts)

Maybe try symlinking to try and trick it?
    sudo ln -s /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4.sdk /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 7:48 PM, Russell E. Owen <rowen@xxxxxx> wrote:
In article <4F554B23.9010708@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
 Christopher Arndt <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

> On 05.03.2012 23:13, Russell Owen wrote:
> > The problem I'm having is that it insists on trying to use Mac OS X 10.5
> > SDK, which doesn't even exist on my operating system
> >
> > I have tried everything I can think of, based on google searches,
> > including:
> > $ export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4
> > $ export CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4
> > $ export CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4.sdk
>
> Have you tried using the -D option to cmake like in my example?

I'm afraid so. Same problem (see appended log). cmake is bound and
determined to use the 10.5 SDK, which is not even installed! I looked
through the config files I could find, but none of them contain "10.5".
It may be getting its information from the xcode project, which was
built for a newer XCode (I'm not sure how much newer, but it certainly
is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.4).

-- Russell

$ cmake -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER:FILEPATH=/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 \
>     -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS:STRING=-mmacosx-version-min=10.4 \
>     -DCMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT:PATH=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk \
>     -G "Unix Makefiles"
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot
-- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot - yes
-- Checking whether C compiler supports OSX deployment target flag
-- Checking whether C compiler supports OSX deployment target flag - yes
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc-4.0
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Checking whether CXX compiler has -isysroot
-- Checking whether CXX compiler has -isysroot - yes
-- Checking whether CXX compiler supports OSX deployment target flag
-- Checking whether CXX compiler supports OSX deployment target flag -
yes
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- SYSROOT: /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk
-- DEFAULT_DEBUG_FLAGS not nil: -g
-- SYSROOT: /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /Archives/UnixSoftware/portmidi

At this point if I try to "make" it fails immediately -- naturally,
since it cannot find the standard C headers!