Re: [pygame] "Making Games with Python & Pygame" free book

Gah! I should not be replying... I should have left already.

Just quickly -- the overlap means we can simulate any color in many ways and it is hard for the eye to tell how it is being tricked because of the overlap (there are often many ways to "mix" colors to get the same response from the 3 receptors) the eye finds it difficult to distinguish.

Think of it this way. Any color from nature is going to have the same problem of cross-talk in our receptors. Birds have a better system because they, as well as having a 4th primary color, also have little color filters in front of their cone cells to sharpen their color response so it is harder to trick their receptors.

Cheers,

	- Miriam

Christopher Night wrote:
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 5:05 PM, Miriam English <mim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx