Re: [pygame] Pygame Docs, Sphinx 1.1 is now out

On 22/03/12 11:41 AM, Sam Bull wrote:
On Thu, 2012-03-22 at 11:01 -0700, Lenard Lindstrom wrote:
A while back it was agreed to update to Sphinx 1.1 when it was released
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.pygame/22431>. It now at
1.1.3<http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Sphinx>. I propose we update the
repository docs to 1.1, allowing them to be built with Python 3 *.
If Pygame is using Sphinx, is there somewhere I can get a devhelp build
of the docs? I've just started using Sphinx for my own project too, and
was pleasantly surprised to find out I could create devhelp
documentation simply by running 'make devhelp'.

I don't know. The reason for choosing Sphinx is to let others build the docs in other formats. I took care to keep the reST sources compatible with vanilla Sphinx. In the Pygame source distribution, the reST sources are in the docs/reST subdirectory. You should be able to use sphinx-build to create the devhelp documentation.

Also, there is an open invitation for anyone to provide alternate Pygame document themes, though pygame/docs/reST/themes/classic will continue to be the default theme maintained in the repository.

Lenard Lindstrom