Re: [pygame] hello and looking to help out

Concerning the pixel-perfect collision detection, I think that pygame could return more values than a simple boolean, like how much it has overlapped and etc.

Em quarta-feira, 27 de marÃo de 2013 22h31min56s UTC-3, Chris Handy escreveu:
> I don't think there's a strong reason to ensure backwards compatibility.

I agree, but I don't think we need to change the API that much, just add functionality from SDL2. Of which, there doesn't look like that much we would need to add:

- Multiple window support.
- API support for clipboard access.
- Improved input device
- Support for 7.1 speaker output.
- Multiple audio device support.
- Audio capture support.
- Multi-threading improvements.

I think the only thing I would really like to see added to the API is pixel-perfect collision detection, because doing that yourself in Python is always going to be a bit slow.

On 28 March 2013 07:16, Sean Felipe Wolfe <ethe...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 9:40 AM, Sean Wolfe <ethe...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I will get started with 149, docs review for the new website. Thanks!

I did a pass on the docs, camera --> image. I recorded some thoughts +
a couple minor issues on the ticket -->
https://bitbucket.org/pygame/pygame/issue/149/review-then-use-new-docs-on-website

I'll do another pass or two on the rest of the pages soon!