Re: [pygame] Updated Compilation Instructions for Ubuntu

had tested intall on pysical machine mint17, i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz

you've forgot :
#apt-get install libfreetype6-dev
install work great...

>>> import pygame
>>> pygame.version.ver
'1.9.2a0'
and it seems to work like a charm.
pygame doesn't appear in package manager (should be a .deb package?).

#apt-get install solarwolf, which install pygame 1.9.1, ok. but:
>>> import pygame
>>> pygame.version.ver
'1.9.1release'

after uninstall pygame by synaptic:
>>> import pygame
>>> pygame.version.ver
'1.9.2a0'
and it seems to work like a charm again.

you should add instructions how to select specific version, in case of.

Thanks,
GinoIngras

Hello,

After some experimentation I was able to install pygame into a virtual
environment in Linux Minth 17.1, which is very similar to Ubuntu in
most respects.

I took the liberty to update the wiki entry for compilation with new
instructions for setting this up. I also updated the dependencies to
use libav-tools since ffmpeg is no longer available in the package
manager.

http://www.pygame.org/wiki/CompileUbuntu

If anyone has the time to verify the instructions are accurate and
actually work for someone other than myself that would be wonderful!

Thanks,

wkmanire