Re: [pygame] Faster blitting

Leif's idea sounds reasonable to me. Any single operation might not incur much overhead, but when you have large patterns being moved quickly -- possibly multiple patterns being moved simultaneously -- then a small difference may well add up to a lot.

Unfortunately, Leif, the lack of interest means you might have to learn C. I'm not a C programmer either, so am unable to help. Sorry. But it does sound like a good idea to me.

Leif Theden wrote:
How could I?  I appreciate the skepticism, but if fast_blit is not
implemented, how could I test the overhead?  And, it is not just format
checking, it is also clipping and bounds checking.

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 6:22 PM, Greg Ewing <greg.ewing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx